A Detailed checklist to evaluate the environmental management system
4.2 Environmental policy
- Has the organization defined and documented its environmental policy?
- Is the environmental policy based on:
Significant environmental aspects?
- Is the policy appropriate to the organization’s activities and their potential environmental impacts?
- Does the policy include commitments to:
Prevention of pollution
Comply with environmental legislation and other requirements to which the company subscribes
- Does the policy provide a framework for setting environmental objectives and targets?
- Is the policy documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization?
- Is the policy available to the public?
4.3.1 Environmental aspects [Read more…]